Notifications
Clear all

DevoVision wrong logging values

Rado
 Rado
(@hunterius_prime)

Hello. I have Precision 350 filament maker and issues with logging with DevoVision. 
First minor issue is that while my machine has firmware 1.3.1 devovision software always protests at startup that I have outdated firmware and should update to 1.3.0. This is probably only "check" problem.

Second, more annoying, is that it logs the wrong values for filament diameter ( see attached video link)
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmzyylHZBP6ulqcQpTkaYl-M4Ct1tw

without any filament, it reports constantly around 380 microns and later does not log proper values.

Topic starter Posted : 14/09/2020 8:06 am
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Hello (again 😉 ) @hunterius_prime ,

Thank you very much for sharing that with us. Thank you also for the video, which makes things very clear.

I am sorry to see that you are experiencing trouble with DevoVision. Your feedback will help us improve the software.

Please be aware that DevoVision is still officially in beta version at the moment. I can tell you that we are actively working on a much more advanced tool at the moment. I am hoping to tell you more about it in the near future.

For now, can you please try and log your data with another method ? : https://support.3devo.com/how-to-make-a-data-log/   This logging tool is more stable, logs the same data, but does not lot the graphs real-time.
Can you please let me know how this goes ? This way we will know if the problem really comes from DevoVision.

If you have any questions, please let me know

Looking forward to hearing from you

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/09/2020 12:50 pm
Rado
 Rado
(@hunterius_prime)

@louis I can confirm that manual logging works. Do you have any news regarding new software? ;-)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/09/2020 12:35 pm
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Hello Rado ( @hunterius_prime ),

Good, thank you for letting me know.

We are still actively working on the new software.
I cannot tell you exactly when it will be fully out and running, but we are planning to release at least a beta version this year.

If you want I can add you to our special list of beta testers, and you might be able to access it earlier, in exchange for feedback 😉 

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2020 3:13 pm
Rado
 Rado
(@hunterius_prime)

@louis yes please do so

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 30/09/2020 7:24 pm