Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Filament Maker Screw Removal

Page 2 / 2
   RSS

Topic starter

Hello,

I wanna ask you about the cleaning of the machine. Is it possible to get the screw out of the machine to clean it thoroughly.

Thanks in advance. 

Best regards,
Gallio

Have a nice Day

Topic Tags
25 Answers

Hello.
I also have a problem with my machine and the extruder screw got blocked. I will be very grateful if you could also send me the instructions how to remove the screw.
Kind regards

Szymon

Hi @louis,

the filament maker i use, was already used by different people with a lot of different materials for research projects. I want to be sure that the extruder screw is cleaned properly. For that i would be awesome if i can get the manual as well. In addition is there any chance to get the dimensions of the hopper and the extruder screw?

best regards,

Frank

Hello @louis, could you send me the step-by-step guide for removing the screw? Thank you in advance.

Giada

Hello Giada (@zocchi),

I have sent you the instructions via e-mail!

Best regards,

Timo

Hi!

I am also interested in changing the screw and in a manual that describes the process. We have an early model (Next 1.0 Advanced) which is supposed to have a screw with a mixing area. For the material we are experimenting with, this is not recommended, so we would like to swap to a "normal" screw. Is that possible and are the screws available as replacement part?

Best regards

Thomas

Dear Thomas @hsel

Thank you very much for your request. 

The Precision screw keeps the flow more stable. This results in less mixing, but a slightly superior pushing force. 

I will send you an email to send you the guide and get you in touch with our sales team, so they can assist you with this matter 😊 

Please let me know if you have any other questions

Hi Timo and Louis, 

Can you please send me the manual to remove the screw? 

Hi @bedimensional,

I have send the manual to your personal email.

If you have any questions regarding the procedure feel free to ask. 

Kind regards,

Lucas 

Hi Lucas, Can I also have the manual to remove the screw for a proper clean?

Many thanks, 

Hi @aaronsoul,

Thank you for participating on the forum.

I have send an email with the procedure to your personal email.
if you have any questions regarding the procedure feel free to reach out. 

kind regards,

lucas 

Hello Louis/Lucas,

Can you also email me the screw removal guide please? I am using a Composer 450 machine. I was processing PVA, some of which has gotten stuck to the screw. The screw is rotating freely but with reduced material output.

Please also let me know some tip/tricks, if you have any, to remove PVA completely from the screw/barrel without needing to remove the screw as I understand it's a tedious process.

Thank you for your help. Look forward to your reply.

Best,

Aniket 

Hello Aniket (@wanderer),

I have send an email to your personal email with information for cleaning and the manual.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

kind regards,

Lucas 

@lucas Thank you so much, Lucas!!!

Hello 

please send me a manual to remove the extruder screw, also please provide a TDS for the PLA pellets that come with the machine.

thank you

Hello @avi,

I have send the guide and the TDS to your personal email.
If you have any questions regarding the procedure feel free to ask.

Kind regards, 
lucas 

Hello,

it would be great if you could also send me the instructions for removing the extruder screw.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards

Robert

Hello @louis @timo, could you please send me the guide for screw removal for Composer 450. Need to clean the screw from some destructed polymer. Thanks for your help.

Kind regards.

Igor

Hello Igor (@polyakoviv),

I saw my hardware colleague was already in touch with your team regarding the issues that you encounter. He will help you further with your request.

Kind regards,
Lucas

Page 2 / 2
Share: