1626081346-Filament-diameter.png
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/07/2021 9:15 am
timo
 timo
(@timo)
Member Admin

Hi @francoisnicol,

I'm glad to hear that the log results work normally now. Could you please share with me the log file? (In Devovision, click 'log view' on the left-side menu, and then download your log.) This would give me more insight, to help give some tips for finetuning.

Also, in this article you will find some tips on how to improve the filament thickness consistency: https://support.3devo.com/filament-thickness-deviation-inconsistent-diameter/

Best regards,

Timo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/07/2021 7:54 am
FrancoisNICOL
(@francoisnicol)

Hello,@timo 

I hope you are doing alright after the holidays.

As you ask in your previous message, I attached the log file to this message.

The quality of the data is not perfect. I will try to do another run with a more reliable data log.

I hope that you will be able to find some info.

I read somewhere that you could run a test if we provide some material.
Do you still offer this service? If so, do you have a price?

If we can't find the optimal settings by ourselves, it could be a great solution to give you some powder to run a test for us.

Best regards

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/09/2021 9:36 am
timo
 timo
(@timo)
Member Admin

Hello @francoisnicol,

Apologies for the late response, and thank you, all is well here! I hope you are doing good as well.

Thank you for sending over the datalog, this gives me more insight in the process. I also noticed that at one point you had the puller speed set to 'manual' which disabled the automatic puller function to control the diameter, but perhaps this was to experiment the flow.

From the log it looks a bit like the material is unable to build up good and consistent pressure, this could be due to issues such as bridging and ratholing, but if you placed the feeder as in the photo in the attachment, it is probably something else.

Things that could be happening:

- The hopper is not filled enough, which causes a drop in pressure buildup in the extruder. Especially with powders, the effect from how much material is in the hopper can play a bigger role.

- Heater 4 is set either too high (or too low). If a material melts too early in the extruder, it makes it more difficult to build up (consistent) pressure.

I hope this helps, and I'm looking forward to your next message!

1631024649-Placement-of-Spider-in-hopper.jpg

Best regards,

Timo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/09/2021 2:24 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: