Notifications
Clear all

Screw geometry

Sebastian456
(@sebastian456)

Hallo,

is there any possibility to get the geometry of the screw to analyze the different feeding and mixing stages eg. a data sheet? 

Topic starter Posted : 16/02/2021 4:40 pm
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Hallo @sebastian456 ,

Thank you very much for your question.

Unfortunately, I cannot share that type of information.

But maybe there is a way I can still help you.

Is there a specific research question you are trying to answer ? 

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2021 12:19 pm
Sebastian456
(@sebastian456)

Tank you Louis, we do research with a recycled granular from the ocean. is is a kind of PA6. Therefore I do a DOE research regarding optimal extrusion parameters. For this reason I need the exact position and length of the different mixing section (also diameter) to calculate the compression relationship.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/02/2021 12:31 pm
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Ok @sebastian456 ,

Thank you for this explanation. You seem to be working on a very nice (and green !) project.

PA6-based materials can be 'capricious' sometimes, but we do have some experience, having successfully processed several grades. It would be a pleasure helping you further with more specific processing tips.

I can answer your question : the filet depth decreases from 5mm to 2mm, resulting in a Compression Ratio of 2.5

I must say that our experimental methodology is mostly based on empirical observations. Having ran countless material extrusion tests with numerous materials and grades, we are now able to finetune the process effectively. This research method also involves some theory, and certain materials are easier than others, but no calculation based on the compression ratio is done.
I would be quite curious to learn more. 

Do you have a theoretical approach to predict how to set certain parameters ?

What can I do for you ?

(Please send me an email to materials@3devo.com if you wish to have a private conversation instead)

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2021 4:03 pm