Notifications
Clear all

Control via DevoVision Interface

sweenzorrr
(@sweenzorrr)

Would be nice to have control over the filament maker via computer interface in the DevoVision app. There's a lot of rotary knob action involved when dialing in a new material. It would be a lot faster to control those settings on the computer GUI.

Topic starter Posted : 10/06/2020 10:14 pm
Simone and timo liked
timo
 timo
(@timo)
Member Admin

Hello,

Thank you very much for your input! Actually, we are working very hard on this at the moment 😊.

We completely agree that it would be easier to control the machine via a computer GUI indeed.

Best regards,

Timo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 7:29 am
timo
 timo
(@timo)
Member Admin

@sweenzorrr we are expecting to have a bèta version ready later this year, would you be interested to be one of our bèta testers?

Best regards,

Timo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/06/2020 8:17 am
sweenzorrr
(@sweenzorrr)

@timo Yes, I would certainly be interested in beta testing this feature, keep me posted.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/06/2020 10:48 pm
timo
 timo
(@timo)
Member Admin

That's great! We will keep you updated then. 

side note for other viewers: If you are also interested in trying the Bèta version in the future just let me know.

Best regards,

Timo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2020 10:40 am
DerDa
(@derda)

+1

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/07/2020 9:01 am
josdan
(@josdan)

@timo Buenosd días: 

Nos gustaría probar esa nueva versión.

Un saludo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2020 12:20 pm
timo
 timo
(@timo)
Member Admin

Noted, thank you  😊 

Best regards,

Timo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2020 9:27 am
Unwast3D
(@unwast3d)

Hello,

I'm also interested in participating in the beta testing of the new version of DevoVision !

What functionalities are you planning to add ?

Simon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/09/2020 10:38 am
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Hello Simon ( @unwast3d ) !

I am glad to see your enthusiasm 😉 Sure, I am adding you to the list of testers.

Of course it is all being developped at the moment, but here is what I can tell you about the new functionalities :
You will be able to fill in a questionnaire about your project (additives, recycling, any plastic you want, blending several plastics together,....), and the App will help you achieve that from A to Z, thanks to tailored content (warnings, tips, guides,.... all in a logical sequence of clear steps).

This is the feature I am personally really excited about.

More info soon

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/09/2020 2:53 pm
dfougnier
(@dfougnier)

On the topic of DevoVision features and direct control, it would be excellent for the purposes of material tuning to allow scheduled parameter changes. The ultimate goal would be to streamline parameter optimization through designed experiments in statistical software suites like Minitab. This would allow the user to programmatically change heater temperatures, wait for the system to equilibrate, and repeat (without continuous user intervention). The filament sensor output could then be correlated to these parameter changes in order to perfect the heating profile.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/05/2021 2:26 am
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Hi  @dfougnier ,

Thank you for this detailed explanation. 

I fully agree ! It makes a lot of sense. 

Over time, we have come up with a certain experimental methodology, to find the optimal parameters as quickly as possible. The issue is that quite a few things which are not logged as data, should be taken into account. For example, the filament can be very thin for several reasons (clogging, fluidity,...).

Of course, the ultimate goal would be : allowing the user to feed a material, and the machine would turn it into the best filament possible without any user action. 

For now, we already have quite a few ideas to make that "semi-automatic". For example, by modifying the logging tool (currently DevoVision), we could run some scripts. This corresponds to your idea, I believe. Certain events would be detected in the log, triggering scripts and prompting the user with choices/suggestions.

For example :

- something goes wrong during extrusion --> the motor current increases 
- the user is prompted with "The motor current is very high. This could indicate X. Do you see X happening ?"
- "yes/no"
- then the tool asks further questions and/or automatically adjust the settings in a certain way 

In other words, the software would facilitate the user's job, by detecting more events, triggering 'alarms' and scripts, sometimes based on the user's interpretation of the situation (also made more easy thanks to visuals and short explanations prompter in the right place at the right time).

I wish I could share visuals with you, to make it more clear.
Does that make sense ? 
What do you think about this plan ?

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/06/2021 8:12 am
whatthefilament
(@whatthefilament)

@timo I would be interested in trying the Beta out. I'm currently setting up two raspberry pi's as servers for each machine. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/06/2021 4:58 pm
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Hello @whatthefilament  ,

(That is a nice catchy name, I'm a big fan 😉 )

Thank you for letting us know. 

For now, I cannot estimate when the new logging tool will be ready, but I am glad to see that the demand is high, and that nice users would be willing to beta-test. 

I will keep you posted. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I cann do for you

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/06/2021 8:25 am
Simone liked
Share: