Notifications
Clear all

3Devo Cooling Path Extension

whatthefilament
(@whatthefilament)

A 3Devo Cooling path extension was shared with me. However, it did not include any STL or STEP files for me to make myself so I went ahead and built it. I've attached a link to Prusa Printers where the files are hosted. Feel free to download, mod and try it out for yourself. I was able to run PLA through my machine at 14 RPM getting consistent results.

Build: https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/70848-3devo-cooler

Material: PLA

M4 Bolts, Nuts, and Washers

Pulleys: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z8X2DW7?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

1625684498-0AD9FBD5-2D46-4744-8CF9-14421A3189FA.jpeg
Topic starter Posted : 07/07/2021 7:01 pm
anjet, Pedro, arthur and 1 people liked
Topic Tags
whatthefilament
(@whatthefilament)

Video of the cooling path in use.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/07/2021 7:02 pm
manos liked
Pedro
(@pedrolima3devo-com)

@whatthefilament Great job! It's really nice to see you making the most of your Precision Filament Maker. 😀 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/07/2021 8:51 am
anjet
(@anjet)

This is a wonderful effort and I would like to test it!

Do you have any data about the output results?

I'm curious how this path extension affects machines ability to control the diameter since the sampled diameter is "in the past".

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/12/2021 1:49 pm
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Dear @anjet ,

Thank you very much for your positive energy 😊 

(and thank you again @whatthefilament for your great design !)

I got the chance to test the device during one extrusion session. By default, the cooling is sometimes the limiting factor of lab scale extrusion. As long as the material remains controlled/consistent, this pulley system can allow you to increase the throughput. 
We achieved good results at 10RPM with our standard PLA, but further testing would be required to find the true limits of this system. 

I would be curious to hear about your findings 

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/12/2021 9:36 am
Share: