Notifications

good PEEK granulate  

3dlabs
(@3dlabs)

Dear 3devo Team,

I am just in the searching process of good granulate to make PEEK and Ultem Filament.

This month we get a Intamsys Pro 410 which is capable of printing these materials.

Could you point out some good granulates for this?

Greetings

Ger

Posted : 07/02/2020 12:23 pm
Topic Tags
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Dear Ger,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have experimented with different grades of PEEK, but the 3 most successful ones were : Primetec 10G, KetaSpire KT-820 NT (Solvay), 450G (Victrex).

Please find attached an experimental walkthrough which swows how exactly we processed PEEK Primetec 10G. We have a good supplier for this grade. I can send you a free sample of this filament if you want, so you can test it out first, before buying the granulate !

The PEI we processed in the past were ULTEM 1010 and ULTEM 2100 (glass fiber). For this material drying was very important, and the process was a bit more difficult.

Unfortunately there is a difference between printability and extrudability. This is usually defined by the viscosity of the material. Low-viscosity grades (usually designed for injection molding) tend to 3d-print easily, but is usually more tricky to extrude since it often has a low melt strength (which means that is does not easily remain in the proper shape after extrusion, it is very liquid when hot). High-viscosity grades show the opposite. The grades I mentioned at the beginning are somewhere in the middle and should be both extrudable as printable.

Please let me know if you are interested in the PEEK filament sample, or if you have any questions !

Best regards

Louis

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/02/2020 2:23 pm