Notifications
Clear all

Moisture tester

Poida
(@poida)
Eminent Member

I would like to find a moisture tester for my resin, but all I can find are soil moisture testers. Is there a device that someone is using currently that they can recommend, or if someone could point me in the correct direction to buy something that will do the job I would be very appreciative.

Cheers

Poida

Topic starter Posted : 31/10/2021 6:50 am
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Dear @poida

I do not have great knowledge of the moisture analyzers market, but I can show you one example.

At 3devo, we've been using the VPB-10 from Henk Maas (picture attached). 

It is essentially a very accurate scale in a heated chamber, that measures the mass loss under certain circumstances (typically 20min, usual drying temperature).

Does that help ? 

1635846860-moisture-analyzer.jpg

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2021 9:54 am
Poida
(@poida)
Eminent Member

Thank you @louis, I'll look for one like that.

Cheers

Poida

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/11/2021 7:49 pm
louis
(@louis)
Member Admin

Dear @poida

The target residual moisture content is typically 0.05%wt (sometimes 0.025%wt, depending on the manufacturer's recommendation). 

In general, respecting the drying recommendations guarantees that the moisture content is low enough. In that case, measuring the moisture is not mandatory - just a confirmation. 

When drying recommendations are not available for a given grade, I can often recommend drying conditions that have a high chance of working perfectly, based on experiments with similar materials. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions 😊 Have a great weekend

Best regards,
Louis

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/11/2021 9:12 am
Share: