This article explains what the causes are that H1 doesn't heat up as quickly as the other heaters.
This is totally normal.
There are several reasons for this :
- H1 is not placed between 2 other heaters à it receives less conductive heat (until plastic starts to flow)
- H1 is wrapped around a thicker metal part called the ‘die head’ à it takes more time to heat up a larger metal component
- H1 also needs to heat up the knee and nozzle
- The nozzle is in contact with the exterior
By default, that area of the Filament Maker should be well-insulated :
- If you lift the top panel, you will see that the whole barrel and knee are wrapped in a thick layer of glass wool
- (be careful, glass wool is extremely abrasive for your skin and eyes)
- The magnetic plate should be positioned to cover the hole around the nozzle
- During extrusion, the fans should be pointing downward (as much possible)